Skip to main content

Changing the song for my Music Video

I tend to change my song preference quite easily depending on my mood. After listening to 'NOT TO LATE' many times and trying to think about ideas, the rather uplifting melody of 'CRUSH' greatly appealed to me. The first time I stumbled upon this song, I instantly got hooked onto it and decided to make its music promotion video.

The music video of CRUSH (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiAuAJBZuGs) is as entertaining as the song itself. This was one of the factors that drove me to change my song. I was appealed by the idea of creating a fun and cheerful music video consisting mainly of dance sequences, cool editing, and animations rather than compiling a series of different narratives that would require a lot more effort to make it interesting. 

Another music video that I am a fan of is 'Got Me Feeling Like' by Trevor Moran (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOKdZbwEMFY). I came across this song before the start of this school session and have had the urge to create something similar ever since. The song 'Crush' gave me a similar enthusiastic and energetic vibe and hence I couldn't go back to making a video on 'Not Too Late'. 

The only thing left now is to find an actress with those moves!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing the Music Video (2)

I tried to produce a smooth zoom-in transition effect. All this clips used had a dolly in motion towards the centre of an object. To the clips that were unsteady, I applied the 'warp stabilizer' effect. Then, to all the clips I added a lense distortion effect that faded away in the start and end of the sequence of clips. 

Shooting (Day 4)

Today I filmed all of Aroob's scenes at the house. I called my friend to help out with one shot where the camera tilts and the frame gets black. For that, my friend held a black pillow right below the camera, so that when the camera tilted downwards, the lens was covered with the pillow (causing the screen to turn black).