Skip to main content

Arranging Props (1)

The car to be used as a 'police car' is a white Toyota Corolla. 


For a seamless transition from the car scene to the dinky scene, the toy car had to be fairly similar to the police car. Hence, I went to different toy stores to find the perfect toy car.
The shape, size, and price of the toy cars were taken into consideration before I could purchase the perfect dinky. 

 


I noted down the prices and pictures of the final candidates in my mobile and made my decision after carefully going through each option.  
Luckily, the shop keeper was kind enough to agree on lending me that toy car for free, given that I returned it in the same condition. This was important because my production was self-financed and saving money in areas where I could would allow me to spend more in other areas that could benefit my music video (for example renting a drone). 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research on Genres

I want to create a music video following the comedy and romance genre. To create such a text, I looked into the romance and comedy genre conventions that I could follow. These are some of the important points I noted down.  ROMANCE: COMEDY: I came across a table that showed the types of comedy. To my surprise, visual comedy (through editing) was not included.

Dignity Day Video

Today we celebrated dignity day in our school and being the head of filmmaking society I made a video about it. The video started off with a fun fast-paced soundtrack to create suspense and interest. I added text with a simple question, in the start, to encourage engagement with the audience; which is ironic since this video can be considered a part of hot media (which demands little interaction from the viewer/user).  Two interviews were added to give the video a documentary feel.  A smooth audio transition from the diegetic and non-diegetic sounds of the interviewee and background score respectively to an 'Urdu poetry' was made. The poetry was accompanied by slow-motion shots of students and lower staff members to give a dramatic effect.   https://youtu.be/kzJ9UjASq3c

Red talks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ICYXheEBoM&feature=youtu.be   With only a few pictures, recordings and some information available, I narrated and edited a video in a few hours for a friend for her project. This was a new experience for me in which I had to manage everything under pressure within a certain time frame. This equipped me with time management and organizational skills (since I had to organize the available content in a chronological order to make it clear and understandable).